Thursday, November 24, 2005

Daily Quotes: Michael Josephson

Things I Learned

1. I've learned that no matter how old I am, my life and my character are works in process. And that there will always be a gap between who I am and who I want to be. But that every single day brings opportunities to improve.

2. I've learned that things that give me pleasure don't always produce happiness and that happiness is more enduring and important then pleasure.

3. I've learned that I feel better when I feel worthy and that living a life to be signifcant is more rewarding than living a life to be successful.

4. I've learned that the most signficant thing I can do is help make someone else's life better.

5. I've learned that the surest road to happiness is good relationships. And that striving to be a good person is the surest road to good relationships.

6. I've learned that I can't avoid pain but that I can reduce suffering -- and that it's no what happens to me that matters most, but what happens in me.

7. I've learned that it's easier to talk about integrity that to live it. And that the true test is my willingness to do the right thing even when it costs more than I want to pay.

8. I've learned that I tend to judge myself by my good intentions but that I will be judged by what I do -- especially my last worst acts. And that I've learned that using all I've learned to be all that I want to be is a lot easier said than done.

No comments: